Packet Tracer – Skills Integration Challenge
In this activity, you are tasked with implementing EIGRP for IPv4 and IPv6 on two separate networks. Your task includes enabling EIGRP, assigning router-IDs, changing the hello timers, configuring EIGRP summary routes and limiting EIGRP advertisements.
EIGRP for IPv4
- Implement EIGRP on IPv4 enabled routers using Autonomous System 1.
- Use the classful network address for the loopback interfaces.
- Use the wildcard mask to advertise the /30 networks between R1, R2 and IPv4-Edge.
- Use the default method to only allow EIGRP updates out the active EIGRP serial interfaces.
- Advertisements should not be summarized.
- Configure a directly attached default route on IPv4-Edge and propagate it in EIGRP updates.
- Configure the serial interfaces between R1, R2 and IPv4-Edge to send hellos every 10 seconds.
- On R1 and R2, configure an EIGRP summary route for the loopback networks.
- R1 and R2 should only have four EIGRP routes in the routing table, one of which is the default route (D*EX). IPv4-Edge should only have two EIGRP routes in the routing table.
- Verify R1 and R2 can ping the IPv4 Server. IPv4 Server should also be able to ping every loopback address on R1 and R2.
EIGRP for IPv6
- Implement EIGRP on IPv6 enabled routers using Autonomous System 1.
- Assign IPv6-Edge with the router-ID of 126.96.36.199
- Assign R3 with the router-ID of 188.8.131.52
- Assign R4 with the router-ID of 184.108.40.206
- Configure a directly attached default route on IPv6-Edge and propagate it in EIGRP updates.
- On R3 and R4, configure an EIGRP summary route for the loopback networks.
- R3 and R4 should only have four EIGRP routes in the routing table, counting the default external route. IPv6-Edge should only have two EIGRP routes in the routing table.
- Verify R3 and R4 can ping the IPv6 Server. IPv6 Server should also be able to ping every loopback address on R3 and R4.
Suggested Scoring Rubric
Note: Packet Tracer does not currently grade EIGRP for IPv6 summary routes. Therefore, part of your grade depends on routing table verification by your instructor.